- Key Challenges and Opportunities
- Strategic Planning and Resourcing
- Delivering ESOL
- Materials and Tools
2.1 About this section
This section sets out the legislative and policy context relating to ESOL for refugees who have been resettled in Scotland, either through the Syrian Resettlement Programme (SRP) or the Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Programme (VCRS).
This section explores the following key questions and issues:
- 2.2 What is a refugee?
- 2.3 What do we mean by ‘resettlement?’
- 2.4 Background to resettlement in Scotland
- 2.5 How many people are being resettled in Scotland?
- 2.6 The approach to resettlement in Scotland
- 2.7 The New Scots Strategy
- 2.8 Scotland’s ESOL Strategy
- 2.9 ESOL and Community Planning
- 2.10 What role does ESOL play in the resettlement schemes?